Annual program recognizes hospitals for creating a safe and SEC³URE healthcare experience for patients.
DALLAS, TEXAS, August 2, 2016 (Newswire.com) - IntelliCentrics, Inc., the premier provider of managed services dedicated to the complete compliance life cycle, announced the 2016 nominees for the 5 Rings Award. The annual program recognizes hospitals that have created a culture of vigilance to provide a safe environment for everyone in their facility. Winning hospitals were selected from the more than 10,000 healthcare facilities that use IntelliCentrics’ managed services as part of their ongoing security and compliance efforts.
“The goal of the 5 Rings Award program is to help establish best practices, and these hospitals are leading the way for others in the healthcare industry,” says Mike Sheehan, global CEO of IntelliCentrics. “The performance of the 5 Rings Award nominees during the past year in support of patient safety and security is the absolute TOPS in the nation! These facilities have created an environment where their staff demonstrates every day the steps hospitals can take to make their facilities safer.”
Thousands of people from medical and non-medical staff to contractors, vendors, volunteers, and visitors enter hospitals every day and come into contact with patients. To improve safety and security, hospitals have a duty to know who is entering the facility, whom they are visiting, and whether they meet security requirements."The goal of the 5 Rings Award program is to help establish best practices, and these hospitals are leading the way for others in the healthcare industry."
Award nominees were selected based on the volume of visitors, active management of security requirements with a low tolerance for non-compliant visitors, continuous improvement, regular communications with the occupational visitor (vendor representative) population and staff on expectations, and overall reputation. This year’s nominees:
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Allen Memorial Hospital, Waterloo, Iowa
- Baptist Medical Center East, Montgomery, Alabama
- Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, St. Peters, Missouri
- Hackettstown Regional Medical Center, Hackettstown, New Jersey
- The Heart and Vascular Center, Bryan, Texas
- Methodist Richardson Medical Center, Richardson, Texas
- Saint John's Health Center, Santa Monica, California
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, Pontiac, Michigan
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
- University of Louisville Hospital, Louisville, Kentucky
The 2016 5 Rings Award winners will be announced in late August.
To learn more about the IntelliCentrics 5 Rings Award Program and the industry-leading work done at the winning facilities, please visit http://intellicentrics.com/5-rings-awards/.
Source: IntelliCentrics, Inc.